Dr. Tarak Shah knows firsthand the profound effect that orthodontics can have on a person’s life. He had orthodontic treatment as an adult in dental school. The experience not only changed his smile, it changed the course of his life. He knew there could be no better way to spend his career than providing an opportunity for people to uncover the confident person that is often hidden within. Dr. Shah’s knowledge and experience in dentofacial orthopedics and orthodontics along with his commitment to providing excellent care to his patients make him a genuine and wonderful orthodontist.
After practicing in Long Island since 2003, Dr. Shah’s goal of owning his own practice led him back to his home state of New Jersey. In 2015, Dr. Shah opened his private practice right on Main Street in Marlton, New Jersey. Dr. Shah and his wife, Avani, who joined the business side of the practice, are excited to work side-by-side maintaining and growing the family atmosphere his patients have come to know. They are dedicated to building a future for their twins who were born in 2012 and serving the community here in the South Jersey area.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences from Rutgers University where he graduated with honors
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from Baltimore College of Dental Surgery Dental School, University of Maryland and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Specialty study of orthodontics at Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine and received a Certificate in Orthodontics
- Member American Association of Orthodontists
- Holds specialty licenses in New York and New Jersey
- Invisalign-certified orthodontist
Dr. Shah received numerous honors and awards while attending the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland including:
- Phi Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Dental Honor Society Recognized for academic achievement
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Awarded for academic achievements, service to the community, leadership in extracurricular activities and potential for continued success
- Quintessence Award for Research Achievement Awarded for academic achievement in the field of research
- Harry E. Kelsey Award for Professional Demeanor Endowed by former associates of Dr. Kelsey, the first orthodontist to practice in the state of Maryland: Drs. Anderson, Devlin, Hodges, Johnston and Preis
- Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society Awarded for recognition of a grade point average of 3.0 or higher and rank in the top one-third of the junior and senior classes